- Info & Rates
- First Time
- Gift Certificates
Published: March 29, 2021
Like many businesses, Skydive Long Island has strategies and procedures in place to mitigate the spread of Coronavirus. Skydive Long Island will strive to follow federal, state, and local guidance on how to conduct our business with respect to limiting the spread of Covid-19. We value the health and safety of every student and team member.
Skydive Long Island is taking CDC-recommended precautions to try to avoid the spread of COVID-19. Here's how this might affect you.
We are encouraging team members and students to err on the side of caution as it relates to their health. If you feel sick, please reschedule your appointment by phone at (631) 208-3900 or email email@example.com.
Please do not visit our location if you:
- Have any symptoms of COVID-19, including recently developed cough, fever, difficulty breathing, changes in smell or taste or fatigue (list is not all-inclusive);
- Have been in close contact with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- Have been instructed to self-quarantine or self-isolate by a health care provider, public health authority or government agency within the last 14 days; or
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
If your temperature reads 38°C (100.4°F) or higher upon arrival, you will be asked to immediately leave the building and to reschedule your appointment.
Below is a list of expectations for your skydive and time you will spend at our facility:
- 6' separation between people.
- Facial covering (over mouth and nose) at all times except during freefall.
- Every jumper must completely fill out and sign a Legal Release, Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement BEFORE arriving at our facilities.
- For those wanting to limit exposure to additional people, single flights are available on request (at an additional charge).
- Increased hand sanitizer dispensers available.
- Bathrooms are limited to two people at a time.
- Standard social practices such as handshaking and high-fives in celebration of skydives have been discouraged.
- More rigorous cleaning of our aircraft has been incorporated as well as the sanitization of skydiving equipment used by students and staff.
- New cleaning schedules and protocols for facilities, aircraft, and equipment.
- Temperature checks upon arrival.
- We have goggles, surgical masks, kn95 masks and neck buff style coverings available for purchase.
- We are committed to doing all we can to protect our students and fellow team members responsibly. Our approach is to strive to mitigate the spread.
- Aircraft and skydiving safety should never be sacrificed for coronavirus safety.
- Everyone visiting at Skydive Long Island must have a face mask or other nose/mouth barrier in their possession as per NY State executive order. If you don't have a face mask, you may buy one onsite before entering the facility.
- Face masks must be worn in the building, boarding area, in airplane and otherwise as frequently as practical.
- Maintain a minimum six feet distance at the boarding area, building and elsewhere, as practical.
- Avoid holding items held by others.
- A staff member will take your temperature. If temperature is 100.4 F or greater, you will be required to reschedule.
- Refuse to interact with anyone who appears ill. Alert management who will assess the situation and escort the person off the drop zone if necessary.
- Instructors - refuse to jump with anyone who appears ill and advise management.
- No fist-bumping, high-fiving, handshaking or other unnecessary touching.
- Only staff and students with reservations are allowed. Spectators can stay in the parking area where they can still watch the skydives. Viewing along the fenceline and the main terminal is also possible. The main terminal is open to the public should spectators need to use the restroom.
- Restrooms: Please avoid touching surfaces if possible. Tissues and paper towels are available to use as a barrier. Please put paper towels in the trash can and not the toilet.
- Skydiving is a contact activity. By skydiving and being at Skydive Long Island you assume the potential risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- No amount of care or caution can assure your protection. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect your health, but make no guarantees or representations. You must take your own precautions. If you cannot accept that risk, don't skydive or be at Skydive Long Island.
- As a condition of being here you agree that you are not ill and have not been knowingly exposed to COVID-19.
EVERY DAY CLEANING & OTHER PRECAUTIONS
- Bathrooms - cleaned before opening and throughout the day frequently with a disinfecting solution.
- Commonly touched surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day. Aircraft interiors and grab bars will be sanitized with a commercial disinfectant after each flight and every evening after jumping has ended.
- Instructors and support staff will clean harnesses after each use.
- Goggles will be cleaned after each use with an alcohol solution. We encourage students to purchase their own goggles upon check in.
- In order to reduce the amount of shared equipment, we are not going to use jumpsuits or gloves for students.
- All jumpers must wear a face mask pulled up over mouth and nose to board the aircraft. The mask must be worn for the duration of the flight to altitude.
- Tandem jumpers may lower their masks before exiting the aircraft into freefall.
- We do, however, encourage the use of a neck buff that can be pulled up over the nose and mouth to hold the face mask in place. Face masks may fly off in freefall, but neck buffs are unlikely to get lost. Neck buffs may be purchased on site.
- The airplane door and window may be opened at a safe altitude to encourage air circulation.
- Tandem instructors may use full face helmets or a neoprene, Velcro secured gator to hold their masks in place.
- All team members will regularly wash and sanitize their hands and will encourage you to do the same.
- There are acrylic shields at the door checkpoint, in the waiver room and at the front counter.
FOOD and DRINKS
Limited snacks and drinks are available for purchase through vending machines. Vending machines will be sanitized throughout the day. We encourage the use of hand sanitizer before and after using the vending machines. For your safety, we do not recommend using the water fountain.
AFTER JUMPING PROTOCOLS
- We know you will be excited but please continue to follow all distancing/mask requirements.
- Enjoy that sweet, sweet euphoric adrenaline high.
- First jump certificates will be emailed.
- Links for video and pictures will be emailed.
- Stay safe and healthy and come back to see us soon.
Skydive Long Island™ Newsletter
Stay up to date on everything Skydive Long Island™!
By signing up you agree to our terms of service.